Monday, August 18, 2008

You don't choose your family. Thats for dang sure.

Family parties are something my family does often. If there’s a birthday, we all get together. If there’s a holiday, there’s a dinner. We usually have a great time; there are games played and lots of food, which is my recipe for a good day.
We had a family party yesterday, to celebrate (jointly) the birthdays of my nephew and myself. I chose the menu, hamburgers and hot dogs, an old-school menu, and we were going to have cake and ice cream and all sorts of good stuff. When one of my siblings was informed of this menu, she was mad-she doesn’t like homemade hamburgers, and she hates hot dogs. I knew I couldn’t please everyone with this menu, so I didn’t care much about that.
People started arriving in the early afternoon, which was good; we planned some good games and stuff, so we needed time for this stuff. After a quick trip to the store by my brother and myself (we forget to get some essential barbecue items) we played some Rock Band. I won’t lie-even though this game gives me the rage; it’s pretty fun to play for a while. Until I start getting bad, then I hate to play, and I quickly give up. We did some eating, all delicious food, and more Rock Band, and then played some Apples to Apples. If you haven’t played this game, get out right now and purchase it. This is one of the most fun games I’ve ever played. I don’t know why-I am addicted to this game and I love playing. Before the Apples to Apples game, there was a fight between family members-myself included. I don’t like when people are rude and it seemed that that’s all some of these people were being. If you’re invited to a party, I think it’s rude to avoid everyone and sit by yourself when there’s games and stuff afoot. You should be with everyone else, playing and talking and having fun. But that’s just my own opinion. After the playing, there was the standard cake and ice cream, and then we called it a night.
All in all, the day wasn’t what I’d hoped. I don’t know that I’ll do anymore of these parties; maybe the time for them has come and gone. I’ll just have to remember the old ones, when they were fun. Maybe in a year or so, I’ll forget the animosity I have towards them right now, and throw another. Or most likely, never again.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh you just have love those types of parties. It is interesting when people arrive at parties or at other people's homes and are not excited to be there. My question is then why do they show up? Is it to make themselves look like they are the martyr? Or is it to make everyone else go into the rage stage? I guess, all in all, be happy because of who you are and maybe, just maybe, it will turn someone's sour mood into a better one.

julie said...

Vieve, sorry your birthday party was not as you would have it. We have expectations of great and fun things for something like that. Things will be better on your birthday date. Enjoy your trip