Sunday, August 3, 2008

And she's reading again. How novel.

Yesterday, Saturday, Breaking Dawn came out. Everyone knows, of course, that it is another book in the Twilight Series. I have been addicted to these books. I read the first, and had to read them all. I don't like the second book, and the third is pretty good. You don't realize, however, how ridiculous these books sound until you read them aloud. PJ and I have done this on our last few road trips-read the third book aloud. It sounds so funny, especially when you add voices and accents and the like. When Saturday came, I was glad my mom bought the book, so's I could borrow it and read it before she did.
That might sound rude, stealing it before she, the owner of the book, gets to read it, but there is a reason for it. I am a really fast reader. I don't know how many words a minute, or pages a minute or anything, but I have been told that I do read really fast. Actually, in 5th grade, I won an award for fastest reader. At the time, I was disappointed, (I really wanted to win something else-now I don't even remember what) but now, I'm proud of that little piece of paper I got so long ago.
My ability to read fast is both a curse and a blessing. It's a blessing when I want to get through a book quickly, like, with Harry Potter. I loves me some Harry Potter, but they're so long, and I have such anticipation, that I can't wait to finish them. Same thing with these Twilight books. I want to know what happens, so flying through the pages is awesome. The curse is that...I get through things too quickly. As soon as I'm finished with the book, even though I'm so happy I'm done, I feel a certain...disappointment. It's done. I'm finished-there's nothing about these characters left to read-until a new book comes out. It's always bad at the end of the series. The last Harry Potter book, I was so sad. I was glad it only took a few hours to read it, but then, that was it. No more adventures for our courageous Harry and Ron. I know I can always go back and read the old ones, but getting new ones is just so much more exciting!
Now, after I spent some of the day reading and finishing the book, I realize, I am a little sad. I was so fired up to read it, and now, I'm experiencing my reader's remorse. I probably will read this again (maybe even on a trip...) but until then, I'll have to entertain myself with new books and new peoples. I have a stack of books, just waiting to be read, most of which I've borrowed from PJ. But I never read as much as I want to-so I don't need something to read right now. I usually take a while to read a book now because of how few times I actually take to read. I can't wait to get wrapped up in my next book!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

See, I'm not even going to start the book until later this month so I can make it last and last.
Or maybe the fact that I don't have the book is the main reason I am waiting to read it.

Maleen said...

By the way. I totally loved your punny title.

Chelle! said...

With my life right now, I am a tad bit overwhelmed with lots and lots going on. So, I am excited to spare 30 minutes or so to read. YEA!!! It is my reward time!! I really do need it.