Thursday, August 28, 2008

We're the Hip Hop Kids. Check it!


For my birthday, I received many awesome presents. I love them all equally-almost. There is one thing I got that I was so excited about when I opened it.
The name of this beloved item? Hip Hop Abs.
For those of you who haven’t heard of this fantastic thing, it’s a work out DVD, that is (of course) specifically for your abs. I have seen the infomercial for this about a thousand times. It’s this black guy who has the most amazing abs ever, and he says his DVD will make your abs look like his, but without doing a single sit up! I have always laughed while watching it, because these people are all just dancing, having a good time, while supposedly getting a great midsection. I’ve done this the last two nights, and they are a rocking good time. I have never felt more white doing something in my whole life. I always thought I was a good dancer, I could dance and move to the beat, but trying to do their stuff, and seem cool about it at the same time does not work. I feel all stiff, like I’m a middle-aged person who doesn’t know how “the kids” do things nowadays. The second day was better than the first, and I hope I just get better from here on out. It does make your abs sore while you're doing it, though.
By the end of a few weeks, I’m hoping to have abs to die for. I’m hoping to be able to do laundry on my ripped muscles. If they do look like that in a while, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be wearing short shirts everywhere, just to brag about it. And I’ll post pictures on here, too, to let everyone know how great I look. And until then, I’ll keep dancing it out.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

And if your abs end up looking like that, I am totally borrowing your DVD. Heck, I'll even buy my own.

Chelle! said...

It will be interesting with all the guys that frequent your desk--hey, there will be more frequent stops--better fill up the candy dish. If you think that you have too many frequent visitors--just wait until you wear your short shirts.