Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pain heals, Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever

It's that time, people. The sky is blue, the grass is (probably) cut, the smog is thick as ever. You all know what I'm talking about...Olympic season! Now normally, I'm all about cheering on my country, as is everyone, but during the Olympics, it's heightened to even more. Team USA needs to take the gold in everything, so we can prove our country is better than the others. Which we already know, but it's nice to be able to prove it with a certainty.
Ok, that whole thing was a lie. I am all for team USA, especially when it comes to the sports I love, but I am not a rabid fan of the Olympics. Truthfully, I don't watch it. I will read the scores/standings, in soccer, at least, but I don't care that much about it. I know some of the names, enough of the stats to be able to fake my way through a conversation, but that's about it. I know sports is exciting to watch, but I don't have the time or patience to watch all of these events. There are some things I do like to know standings for. All the track events, I love to see who wins those. I've read about so many runners, that to see them win would be awesome for them. I am envious of all the athletes, though. To have that sort of drive in them to get that far, is just amazing. The hours they put in, the brutul workouts they do to themselves, I can't even fathom. And the thing that would kill me (especially in singles sports) is that all your hard work, everything you have worked for, comes down to one moment. One minute in the space of time is all you have, all guts in, to try to win for your country. To get there is even amazing, so I think thats all the victory I would need. Of course, to win the gold would just be mind blowing.
In 14 (or so) days, it'll all be over. Nobody will be talking about the Olympics like they are now, and it won't be on all day every day. I'm hoping to catch some of the events, but if I don't, at least I know that I'll be able to hear of the results. And the internet is good at telling me things, too. To all those of you who love to watch this stuff, kudos. And I hope you enjoy the next two weeks. But once its over, look forward to Vancouver 2010!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

As for me, I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!! I am glad you listen when I get all excited about them.

PJ said...

Doubles Ping-Pong is where it's at.