Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thought-Topia 2008: The July Edition

I don't have enough going on right now to do a whole blog devoted to one topic, so I will chat about a few things on my mind. And I don't care if they're not appropriate to talk about-I'ma talk about what I want on my own bloggity blog!
Recently, I've been trying to figure out what my biggest fears are. I have one big fear, that I actually can't talk about-it's not at all kosher (or, halal). If you're close enough to me to know me well enough, you know what it is. Otherwise...sorry. But I've been trying to think of one that I can tell in a social setting, and I think I have one. I am really afraid of accidentally ingesting liquid dish soap. I am afraid there'll be a residue left in a glass, or my water bottle or anything of that nature. I had to wash my water jug the other day, and all day, I was so paranoid that I was accidentally eating some. Silly thing to fear, but people have weird fears. Like sewer grates. Weird.
I am glad to have done nothing the last few days. I love love love getting out and going to sporting events and the like, but I miss being home and watching my shows and running. I'm pretty sure I gained weight in all the fun times recently. Which'll make it harder to work off, but I'll do it. So long as things don't keep randomly popping up. And, I finally caught up to my stuff on my Tivo. I keep recording things that I know will take me a long time to watch, I don't even know why! But now all the TV shows are watched, and I just have a few random movies to watch. But I can take my time with those. When the TV stuff piles up, I feel like I'll never get out from under the pile of stuff!
I love my parents. I wish they could live forever. But I know this isn't possible. So, to take my mind off of this, I keep thinking of the things that I will get when they pass (God forbid). There is a lot of talk about who'll get this silverware set when it's time. I think I should get it, and let me tell you why. I'm supposedly getting the bird-since it's supposed to live to like a hundred. I think that with the bird should come the silverware. Plus, I'm still at home, while the rest of the kids have flown the coop. Yes, they have spouses and husbands. But I'm here for every holiday, and every birthday, and I take care of things. I'm just putting it out there, I should be considered.
I think that's about it for now, no other thoughts are swinging into my head. Until next time, I'm Setenta Sports.

3 comments:

PJ said...

First off, I am not afraid of sewer grates, I am afraid to walk on sewer grates. I could fall down and that would be painful and yucky.

Secondly, nicely done inserting the Setanta Sports. That gave me a laugh and a half.

Maleen said...

See, I figure I should get first pick of my parent's stuff because they love me more. They do don't they??

Chelle! said...

That is definitely not a thing that I like to think about...in fact, I avoid the thought of my parents not being around.