Sunday, July 6, 2008

Short and Sweet

Usually, I hear others tell of their lives, and I'm a bit jealous. They always say stuff about how they're so busy, and they have a lot going on, and I think, man, I do nothing. I work, then when the work is over, I run/work out. It's not exciting, but it's what I do. This past week, however, I have gotten a taste of this life, and now, I have changed my mind. I like what I do, I like doing things in my own way, and at my own pace. I have seen the grass on the other side, and in my case, it's dead and browning. I had every intention of writing every night, to tell of my adventures, but I was way too tired! So now, I will do mini-stories, so you can enjoy my fun. And I learned something new every day!

Tuesday was my work party, and it was pretty fun. Chelle, Lissa and I golfed in the morning, and it was....well, lets just say I'm not the best at golfing. But on holes 3-6, I had some really good long shots. I was so proud! We had the BBQ later, and it was some pretty good food. And the ice cream bar was my favorite-I put like, seven different toppings on top of mine-it was delicious. Owlz game followed directly after, and, despite what we kept saying, Peej and I stayed for the whole game! This night, I learned that baseball can actually be a lot of fun-when it's done right. I don't really understand all the rules, but I screamed when others did, and heckled when I thought was necessary. Good job to the Owlz for winning. But I wish their stadium (field? What do you call places where they play baseball?) had slushies or slurpees or snow cones. So annoying that they didn't have anything like that!
Wednesday I went with Peej and her family up to Silver Lake for the evening. This night, I learned that I can't row a boat worth crap. I tried, and about 16 percent of the time, I succeeded! But on the whole, I am not good. I will leave that part to other people.
Thursday, went up to the Real game. We tied Houston at zeros, and I was frustrated the whole game. Why does every ref in the MLS hate us?! We're pretty good, and we don't talk back to the refs too much, so I don't understand why every one of them has a personal vendetta to take us down. It makes me sad. And while everyone is celebrating that we haven't yet lost at home, all I can think is, really? We're celebrating ties? When did this start happening? There were some fireworks after the game, set to the same crappy music as last year's spectacular was. Good job, Real peoples. I don't really remember learning anything new this day.
Friday, the fabulous 4th! Real had a reserves game at 8:30, so of course, we had to leave here at 7:00 to get to the field on time. The reason it's that early is because we also have to squeeze in the pre-game run to Starbucks. If only there was one more on the way to the game, but its kinda far, so we have to calculate that into our time. We won, yea, and then we did some shopping. The thing I learned this day is that when all I eat is sugar, I get sick, really easily. Turns out, you need regular, real food in your body. Weird, right? Later in the afternoon, we were at Peej's house, and we did this thing that involved 2-liter soda bottles, water, and an air pressure machine. Essentially, you'd fill the bottle up with water (not the whole thing, maybe half or so) and then place it on this PVC pipe contraption. You'd then put the air pressure valve onto the pipe, and when the pressure got high enough, you let go of the bottle, and it would fly up into the air, soaking you. It was so fun-and it totally hurt my hand. I didn't describe it that well, I don't think, but I think you get the general idea. After some barbecue and fireworks, I was ready to call it a night.

So that's my week. I didn't get a whole lot done, but it was a lot of fun. As for the weekend, I learned that you really should never trust the color of hair dye on a box. You might be thinking you're getting a fabulous color, but it comes out looking nothing like what you think it will. I do like the new color-but I wish it had come out closer to what I was thinking. The most important thing I learned though, is that however much I dread running each day (which sometimes, is a lot-I have to really motivate myself to do it) when I don't get the chance to do it, I miss it. I feel all sluggish the more days I don't run. This won't make every day a blessing to run, but at least now I know how it is when I go without it-which makes me actually appreciate it.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

They had those frozen ice (otter pop) things at the game. I guess that doesn't qualify as a slushee. Sounds like you did have quite a long week. Once again, we all need a vacation from the holidays. Sometimes partying is hard work.

Chelle! said...

OH...what a great day!!! I was so tired at the end of the day...I think it was from all that sun at the golf course!! But, hey we did fabulous...3 under PAR!!!