Thursday, July 10, 2008

The point of having a cell phone is that it works when you need it!

A few months ago, Peej blogged about how she goes through cell phones like people go through toothpicks. I am the opposite. My phones never break, but I get bored with them easily. I don't know why, it's not like I really use the phone for anything but texting, but I like to get new ones. I never do though, because I can never find one that I like. I don't like flip phones, or sliders, or QWERTY keyboards. I don't need the internet, or billions of games, I just need a bar phone that works. My recent one I had, I had for 16 months, the ones before that for probably about the same amount of time. Needless to say, it was time to make a change.
Peej informed me of a new phone that just hit the market, the Nokia 5310. I checked it out, and it looked pretty good, so I decided to get one. It's taking me a while to get used to it, since the keys are different, but I'm getting better with it, and I'm finally getting all the settings to how I like it. And, I love this phone. It came with a free ringtone of a song that I actually like, it's smaller and thinner than the old one, and there are many more features. It has 1GB memory to hold MP3's (thats so many!) and it could replace the player I have right now, if I feel like it. It even comes with a radio on it! I can totally tune into my favorite station, and listen whenever I want to. I don't know how often I'll be using most of these features, but they're there, if I feel the urge!
I know that probably in a few months, I'll get sick of this one and want to change. But I think it might last longer than the other phones-I definitely like this one a lot. The only bad side is that I think everyone will have this phone soon. In the store when I was getting mine, literally every person in the place was getting one too. Talk about following the herd! But thats ok. When something is this awesome, you just gotta go with it.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I'm glad that I don't have a cell phone...one less thing to worry about. Yes, there are a few times when I wish I had one, but most of the time I am fine without one.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I HEART your new cell phone. It is so tiny tiny!!!