Friday, July 25, 2008

Football. Futbol. Soccer.

Day 4 of Sports Week 2008 is over. This days sport was, again, soccer. Hey, it’s such a great sport, it deserves two days! The MLS All-Stars played West Ham United for a battle of…nothing, really, just pride. MLS won, 3-2. I think every year I’ve seen the All-Star game, we’ve beat whatever EPL team they throw at us. This year, West Ham gave us a run for our money, though. They scored first, and we answered back with a goal of our in, 60 seconds later. It was awesome. There were more goals, of course, and my favorite goal of the game was the one that won the game for us. De Rosario was fouled in the box, so of course he gets a penalty kick. He lines it up, everyone is waiting, holding their breath, and he shoots. It hit the cross bar, which shoots it down to the ground, and shoots in. It was awesome! I encourage everyone to watch this goal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QbRENTvR-k (let me say, the video of this is crappy. But it was all I could find)
There isn’t really a lot to report with this night, but I want everyone to be informed of all activities of Sports Week 2008. The game was played in Toronto, so we only had the option of watching it on TV. Toronto has some crazy fans, who throw streamers at every person doing a corner kick, whether it is someone on their own team, or the opponent. That makes no sense to me. The All-Star game has taken place at the newest stadium in the league (of late) which means that next year, it’s our turn to have it here! They’ve announced it already, so we know for sure it will, and I’m psyched. I’m hoping to be able to have a ticket to that. I really want for it to be included in the season tickets, but I don’t think that’ll happen. I’ll go, either way.
One more day of Sports Week 2008! This last event will be…tricky. I don’t know if it’ll be as fun as the other stuff we’ve done, but we’ve signed up, we’re going, and I am making it a mission to have a good time. There’s fun people coming, there’ll be lots of eating, I’m sure, so I know it’ll be fun.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

That was too cool (the video). I bet it would have been SUPERB to see it in person!!!