Tuesday, July 29, 2008

PJ's Day!


July 29, 2008. Today is the 25th birthday of PJ. You read that right, 25 years of age. A quarter of a century. I am soon to follow, of course, but that’s not what is important today. So today, a tribute to Peej on the ol’ blog here.
PJ is my BFF. We met when I started working at Media Play, about 6 or 7 years ago. (It’s been a while-I can’t remember) We hit it off initially because of our love of movies and the like. As you can see from my entries, we do pretty much everything together. We’re very different, yet in some things, we are so similar. Our personalities fit well together, which is a good thing to have!
Peej is funny. She’s nice (even though she doesn’t think she is) and she’s very good at taking care of me. That might sound weird, but there are so many things in my life I haven’t done (like extensive traveling, camping, etc) and she always steps up to bat to help me out. She is trying to get me to go camping right now, but I am resisting, so far. I keep switching back and forth between wanting to go and trying to stay out of the outdoors. We’ll see who wins this battle. I’ll probably end up going. PJ is pretty persuasive. She’s introduced me to many a thing, such as, a love of hiking, and my love of Disneyland. One of the things I love about her is that she can eat. I eat a lot, and luckily, so does she. But it doesn’t matter how much we eat, because we always run it off. I’m glad that we’re both runners, but we’re at the same level. Not one of us is better than the other, (even though in all our races, I seem to drag us down!) and I love when we run together. It always ups the competitive drive (in me, at least) and, come on, running is always funner when there’s another person there!
I love that she always is up for the crazy things we think up. We will sit in the lobby of a hotel for hours to see a Real player, or drive all the way down to Arizona and back in one day, just to say we’d been to Arizona that weekend. She’s wicked smart and good at pretty much everything she does. While some people (ok, me) only do well in one sport, she can hold her own in all of them. When she joined our soccer team, she quickly rose to the top as one of our finest, and helped to carry them team. We have tons of inside jokes and sayings that we bust out all the time.
I love that we both hate talking on the phone. We can text all day, and there are always good times to be had there. We will sing via texting and fight. It helps that I can imagine the tone of voice that she's saying with each message. She's is always there for a hug, when I need it, and she knows how to cheer me up when I'm mad or sad. Usually with a hot dog.
The great things about her can’t all be put down on paper. PJ is an amazing person, with a flobbity gillion great qualities. I can't pin down every little thing that's awesome about her. I’m really lucky to have her as my BFF and hope that we have millions of more adventures together!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PJ!!

Maleen said...

Yay for BFFs! And birthdays for that matter! Makes me long for the good ole days. Now my BFF is a boy. Satisfying, yet not the same.

PJ said...

That is the best present you could ever give me. Thank you.

(Now I'm crying at work.)