Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I didn't break it...but I did fix it.

A lot of people have a pedometer to track how much exercising they’re doing in a day. I used to have one of these, until PJ introduced me to something called a Kam Coach. Instead of tracking your steps, this tracks any movement you do, and gives you points based on your movements. Like, you get more points the harder/faster you’re moving. (Of course, just makes sense) I am addicted to this little thing. All throughout the day, I check on my progress, to see how I’m doing. The more points I get, the better I feel about myself. Saturdays are the best-I get a lot that day.
On Sunday, when I was putting it on, when it sorta…broke. It separated into 2 pieces-the piece that holds it onto my pants and the coach (?) part just came apart. A piece that holds them together had broken a little-it was held on, but just by a tiny piece of plastic. I saw that it was fixable, so I put a little superglue on it, put it on, and away I went. When I got home from church, I transferred it from my skirt to the shorts I was wearing, and it completely came apart. The piece that had broken off earlier broke completely off this time, leaving me with no way to put it back together, as I had used all the superglue already. Cursing my bad luck, I just had to not wear it. When I ran later that evening, I just tucked it into my sports bra strap. I think it worked pretty well-my points seemed to be about the same as they usually are.
Monday morning, I took all the pieces with me to work, because I knew someone there was bound to have some superglue. I was in luck-Wade had some-and it was industrial strength. I put it on the broken bits, assembled it, and waited, holding my breath, for it to set. After a minute or so (yes, I gave it extra time, just to be careful) I put it on, carefully, and it stayed! It’s fixed! I had no problems with it yesterday, and so far today, I have no problems either (knock on wood). I haven’t yet run with it, so I don’t know how it’ll do with that, but I’m pretty confident it’ll stay put. I can’t tell you how glad I am that this was fixable with just a little superglue. And in case anyone is wondering, this time around, I didn’t stick myself to anything.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

See, I think I would be depressed to find out how much I DON'T move. But my figure is pretty kicking right now, so who needs exercise.