Sunday, July 27, 2008

And thats the game!

Well, sports fan, it's over, it's done with. Sports Week 2008 is finished. The last event, on Friday, was a baseball game. We watched the Bees beat Oklahoma. I'm not a fan of baseball. My sport-as everyone knows, is soccer. I think baseball is a dumb sport-I don't even consider it a sport. A lot of men stand around for like, seven hours, and once in a while, they run ninety feet and then stand around for longer. I think everyone can play baseball, and if everyone can play it, it doesn't make it a special sport. But I had fun at the game. We had baseball food, a hot dog, peanuts, and sunflower seeds. We yelled, we heckled, we had a good time. After the game, there were fireworks, and they were pretty good. Of course, having been spoiled at Disneyland with their fireworks, nothing can quite compare, but these were not bad. The music went well with them, and they were pretty snazzy. I was not disappointed. And, I'm sorry to say, I am starting to like baseball. I think I could start going to other games. Of course, I have yet to pay for one of these games. The only reason we even go to any is because we get free tickets from our respective companies. I don't think I would go if I had to buy my tickets myself!
Now that Sports Week 2008 is over, I have mixed emotions. I'm happy, because it'll give me chances to run now. Running Saturday was so awesome-I definitely missed it. I feel so ugh when I don't get to work out-I can't wait to feel great again. I think that's actually my only emotion regarding it, maybe I don't have mixed. I'm glad to be able to do my regular routine again. My Tivo got really full of stuff this past week. I am happy this Sunday is my day-I'm doing nothing today except for emptying my Tivo of stuff, painting my nails, and running. I'm super sore today from a really good hike we did yesterday, so I'm hoping the running won't be too painful. And I do have one more day of sports, tomorrow Real plays Toronto at home, and I am psyched for the game! I hope we beat them. I don't know if we will, but I would love it if we did.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Um, I can't lie. Some of Sports Week may have put me to sl....ZZzzzzzzz.

PJ said...

SPORTS WEEK 2008 ROCKS!