Wednesday, July 2, 2008

If there's one thing I hate worse...

I hate doing laundry. I can't think of anyone that particularly likes to do laundry, but I loathe it. I avoid it, I put it off for as long as humanly possible. I like to see how long I can go between loads. Luckily, I have too many clothes, so it can be a long time. And underpants-I have many of those, and they are quite important! I never remember that I'm out of clothes until it's almost too late. I see the underpant drawer getting more and more empty, and I keep thinking, oh, I should wash some clothes. (Yes, this drawer is the one that I use to gauge how low on clothes I'm getting) For the past week or so, I've been noticing this, but I kept thinking I've had plenty of time to do so.
This week has been really busy. I keep meaning to blog about everything going on, but I just don't have the time to do so! Tuesday was the work party, which ended the day with a baseball game that went late-ish, and Wednesday saw PJ and I up at a lake, until late again. As we sat in our "boat" circling the lake, I remembered that Friday is Independence Day! I then realized also, that my designated 4th of July shirt was dirty. Since it's patriotic, I also wore it on Flag Day. Which, if I'm not mistaken, was June 14th. That could be wrong though, I'm not going to stand by that statement. And I realized that I don't have the time in the upcoming days to do my laundry, so the burden has fallen onto right now. I usually like to go to bed ear;y. Especially right now, this week is wearing me out. I have not been going to bed at my usual time at all. But instead of going to sleep early, dreaming of...whatever it is I dream of, I am awake, watching old episodes of the Gilmore Girls, waiting for the blasted dryer to get finished. I've done the whites, and washed the darks, and now I'm just waiting for the darks to finish. I am not yet washing everything, because, if I don't get the sleep I need tonight, I will be Grumpy McGrumperstein tomorrow, and I can't be that! We have a game! Real is playing Houston, and after we win (I hope, but don't actually think that'll happen) there is a fireworks extravaganza! It'll be super fun, so I can't be all bad-mooded out. Luckily, they serve hot dogs at these games, in case things do get out of hand!

3 comments:

PJ said...

I bet you would have an easier time doing laundry if you did a load every few days or at least once a week. Then it wouldn't take you so long.

Maleen said...

Oh the dreaded laundry. You think you have it bad...I have to do four other people's laundry as well. It is really NOT my favorite chore. I would rather do dishes.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I too hate doing laundry. I think that we should just purchase new clothes instead of doing laundry. It just takes FOREVER!!!