Monday, May 19, 2008

This isn't my first time

I love firsts. They can be small, like the first snowfall of the season, or first day of soccer season, or they can be big, like the time I crossed the finish line in my first 5k. No matter what it is, it’s a great feeling. I have had another first in the last couple of days-my first sunburn of the season. It’s not a bad burn-that’ll come later, no doubt, but having one means I’m laying the groundwork. Soon, my arms and legs will no longer be as white as a sheet. I’ll look healthy, and a good color, instead of the sickly pale I look during the winter.

I got the burn doing a run. Because of my lazy weekend (see previous post) my Sunday was way slowed down. I decided to eat a big breakfast (ok, it wasn’t that big. It was like, a bowl of cereal, a banana, and a biscuit.) and wait for a run. Three hours later, I was thinking it could be time to run, because I was kind of sick of just lying around. It was 11:40 and I thought that maybe it was too hot to run, but I went anyways.

It was warm-but nothing bad. I didn’t really feel the heat of the sun or anything, I just felt the heat in general, but it wasn’t unbearable, until about 45 minutes into the run, then I just was hit with how hot and tired I was, so I decided to call it a day, and went back home. I noticed I was red, but I figured that was just from the run, and thought nothing of it. It wasn’t until later that night when I looked in the mirror that I saw that it was a burn. Nice and red my skin was-but only on my face, neck and shoulders, of course. Just where the tank top wasn’t. I’m glad I got some sun, and having this burn now will make it so that later it won’t be as bad (I hope.) And of course, I have a few good tan lines, one from where my watch was, and the other from where my MP3 player was. I’ll have to get rid of those at my first chance!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

YEA!! The first sunburn of the season means that summer if finally upon us (until Wednesday-that is). Okay, now you know that you have a sunburn, next time where sunscreen. (Yep, that is my advice for today--ha ha!)

Maleen said...

Yes, I am too smart for that now. It only takes me about 20 minutes to get a sunburn so me and sunscreen are good friends. Unless of course, I just forget to put it on, and then I have to remind sunscreen that he needs to speak up because a girl can't remember everything.
Oddly, I often forget to put it on myself right after I just lathered up three little girls. Stupid huh?

PJ said...

Apply your Transfer Factor RenewAll and call me in the morning.