Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm leaving...on a jet plane

Ok, so I'm not heading out on a jet plane. But we are leaving. This Sunday (at approximately 1:00 pm MST) PJ and I will be heading out of the crazy-weather state of Utah and hitting the road for California. We will be hitting up Disneyland-truly the happiest place on Earth, and many other things are going to be happening. I can't wait for the fun to get started.
Of course, leaving means having to pack. I loathe packing. I always have the feeling of forgetting something, which I know isn't a big deal-if it's something I need, I can always find a store or something to go to. I always pack way too much, so my suitcases are always stuffed to the brim, and some of the stuff I won't even use. But I always think it's better to be safe than sorry. And I hate picking out outfits in advance. What if, in the upcoming days, I don't want to wear any of the clothes I've brought? Nothing will happen, I'll just have to be wearing them, but you know. It's just things I think about. As I was packing tonight (yes, even though we're not leaving until Sunday, I had to pack on this Thursday. This weekend is too busy for me to pack at another time.) I had a hard time staying focused. This actually was a theme for the day. All through work, I kept getting sidetracked, hard as I tried not to. Mama was helping me out through most of it-reading from my list I made, and that helped, but then, I had everything I needed, I just needed to put it in the suitcase, and I started to do other things. I was eating some pudding, doing a crossword puzzle, (I mean word search) and watching TV. (Reruns of the Gilmore Girls-so good) I sat down on my bed, and for a half an hour or so, completely stopped packing. I watched my show with all my attention, even though I've seen it all before many a time. I realized that I was doing nothing, and quickly jumped up to put some stuff in my suitcase. After I've gotten most of it in (and yes, I'm using two cases, because all my junk can't fit into one) I felt proud for doing a little, and stopped. Mostly because I had to run and whatnot.
I am pretty far along though, I just have a few more things to finish packing. I know I'll be done for sure on Saturday-which is when it all has to be done anyways, so I don't really have a choice. And don't be sad, dear readers, but while I'm out and about, I probably won't be thinking of you. Don't fret, and don't miss me too much, and remember-I'll only be gone a little while!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh, I will miss you. I hope that you bring me back a HUGE gift. HA HA. I do hope that you post while you are gone so, that we may live vicariously through you. Have a great time!!

PJ said...

I am way excited for the week to come. In about four hours I am busting out of here; and I could not be more antsy. When will this week end?!?!

Maleen said...

Oh, that probably explains why you were not there today. Way to go, I would rather be in Disneyland too. And by the way, I love all things souvenirish from Disneyland (hint, hint, wink).