Sunday, June 8, 2008

Vacations. Never long enough...and I need another to recuperate.

Well, readers, I am back! It was a great week, and while it would be awesome to share all of it with you, I will only do the highlights. I did actually have intentions of writing in here a couple of times while I was on the vacay, but turns out, by the end of the day, I was exhausted. It was like, as soon as we got back to the hotel, brushed our teeth and laid down, I was out. Every other day I'd wake up at like, one in the morning, and we had left the TV on because we fell asleep to it!
Disneyland was fantastic. I love that place too much. And there is so much food there to eat that I love, it's hard to fit it all in. The churros, frozen chocolate bananas, cookie ice cream sandwiches, etc. And this time I got a new favorite, the chimichanga. I'd never had this here, but always had seen it. And let me tell you-it was so delicious. I almost wish there were more meals in a day, so that I could eat more down there!
I got a farmers tan. It never occurred to me to roll my sleeves up to avoid this, and by the time I realized I was getting one, it was too late to reverse the damage. At least I have the summer to correct it out still. I do have a lovely tan around my neck and face-and thats about it. My nose was bright red the first three days, non-stop. Luckily that stopped, and now it matches the color of the rest of my face. And I have my tan of the summer-the flip flop tan line. I swear, I can never get this one to go away!
I got a new Hard Rock shirt! It's teal (which probably means its one PJ should have bought, loving the teal, but no, I got this one) We went to the HR in Hollywood, which marks another one off of our list. Only 122 more to go! (roughly)
There is a lot more stuff that happened, this is only the basic of the basic. I have been busy today, catching up on writing in my journal, doing laundry, trying to even out my tan a little (I really don't think I did, I only managed to sunburn other parts of me) and trying to watch some of the 36 hours of TV I managed to rack up during this week of vacation. (To be fair, I know it'll take me a while to watch it, and most of it comes from the Band of Brothers) I have watched some already, and some of it (my Daily Shows and Colbert Reports) I didn't watch all of the episodes, just the parts that interested me. I got through those really quickly!
And now, since I haven't had a good one in a while, I need to go work out. I look forward to breaking a sweat!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

YEA!! Welcome back!! I am glad you had a great time!!! Did you see Army Wives Premier?

PJ said...

Every conversation I have had today goes, "You're back! How as your trip?" then they listen for like a minute and then launch into some question. I swear no one wanted anything to do with me before I left, but now everyone has something they needed to talk to me about last week.

My scalp is peeling today and the skin that is coming off is these huge pieces. I'm a monster!

Maleen said...

I totally agree. Vacations are wonderful, but then you need another few days to recuperate from having so much fun! It sounds like you had a blast and we totally loved the things you brought back for us. My FHE treat was no competition for the lollipops. The girls didn't even look twice at my cherry (heartburn) delight. And the car topper was adorable. When I go, I can never choose one because I seem to like them all.
Oh, and I am glad you got to eat the food there, because that is one of my favorite parts. When my parents take me, we always go to the Blue Bayou Restaurant; so cool.