Monday, June 23, 2008

Red yellow green red blue blue blue...

This past weekend, I had a pedicure. I usually don't get these-I have a thing with the filing of the toenails that they do. It's not natural. But, PJ wanted to get one, and its nice to feel pampered, so I went. I was not disappointed. I had a massage chair, of course, I used the heck out of that. It felt awesome! They handled my feet nicely, and I didn't get any of the filing that they do. I chose, for my color, a bright blue, it looks quite lovely. I do feel, with the crazy bright polish, that my feet are on display. Since my attention is drawn to it always, I think everyone else's must be also, even though I know that isn't true.
My fingernails keep breaking. I used to get fake nails put on every couple of weeks, and a few months ago, I quit doing it. For many reasons, and I'm glad I stopped. It's nice to have natural nails. Because they're not yet strong yet, they will all get a little long-ish, then break quite suddenly. It makes me angry-I hate when my nails are too short. I thought that maybe if I painted them, they would maybe stick together a little, and then grow to be more strong. Because my toes are so bright, I thought my fingers could follow suit. They're not as bright as the blue, but I chose purple. It's like a deep purple, not like, crazy purple, and I like it. I am so awful at painting my fingernails, though, that it took me a long time to paint them. But at least they look all right. I don't need them to look picture perfect! In fact, I just literally finished painting them, but I wanted to get this (really exciting blog!) written, so I am taking a really long time to write this. I realize know that I should have written before I painted, or tomorrow, but oh well. I never really think things through.
I know this is not a very interesting post, but way to make it through reading it. When you see my nails though, don't be jealous.

4 comments:

PJ said...

I have no skill in painting my right hand (can't handle the brush with the left). I usually choose a light color for that reason. that way, all the polish all over my fingers isn't as noticeable.

Thanks again for coming with me. Pedicures are the best!

Maleen said...

First of all, I LOVE pedicures. And I love having my toenails cute.
But I am surprised that you, miss matchy matchy could handle your toes and fingernails being different colors...wouldn't they need to match?

FishingMetaphor said...

you're wrong, i stare at your toenails all the time

Chelle! said...

Hey, your blue toes look great and so does your purple nails!!! Maybe you could paint purple polka-dots on your toes and blue polka dots on your nails...then you would be miss matchy matchy. See, you can find solutions to all that you do.