Sunday, May 18, 2008

Have it Yooooour Way...

My life is a little busy. Its not hectic, like a lot of people's, but it keeps me on my toes. A day consists of me working for many an hour, then working out at night, which takes a couple of hours. Then the weekend comes, and I fit everything into Saturday that needs doing. Errands, cleaning, what have you. I like being busy, but sometimes, I just want to take a breather.
I got such a breather this weekend. PJ went camping with her family, and I decided to have a weekend of nothing, and I did it. On Friday, I watched my Thursday night TV (that I didn't watch because I was busy watching Real lose). On Saturday, I did a little bit of shopping and everything, but it was all slowed down. I didn't have anywhere to be, so I just moseyed through the stores and took my time everywhere. I have gotten a lot of my Tivo cleared out, and finally, watched my Netflix movies. I know, to some people, this seems lazy and boring, but you know what? I wanted it. I've needed this, to have a day of nothing, and I got it.
It was a little lonely, being by myself for a weekend, so I'm glad this doesn't happen all the time, but its nice to have it every once in a while. I know that as soon as this deliciously lazy Sunday is over, things will be back to being busy, and thats ok. In a few months, I'll get this opportunity again, and by that time, it'll be another blissful weekend of nothing.
And I ask all of you, when was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing - just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park? Try to do that soon.

3 comments:

PJ said...

I wish I got to have lazy weekends, but I never do. Your lazy weekends are usually a result of my being busy with something else. I got sunburned. I had a really good time, though. I think we should hang out.

FishingMetaphor said...

Oh great, so I didn't stay the night on Friday? And I didn't eat lunch and go shopping with you on Saturday? Thats it, you're dead to me.


I love you.

Chelle! said...

I have not had one of those weekends in such a long time. Life gets too hectic and too crazy. I am glad that you got to just relax.