Monday, May 26, 2008

Shave and a haircut, 2 bits. And a little of my soul...

I am not an emotional person. I don't like to show it, I rarely feel it, but I (randomly) do cry at like, movies and TV shows. Yeah, I don't get it. For some reason though, I am the biggest baby in the world when it comes to my hair. I get bored with my hair very quickly. Having the same hairstyle for a while makes me annoyed, and I want to change it up. I don't want to have my hair short, so changing it is hard, but I thought I had found a hairstyle that would mix it up while keeping it long. It didn't work out like I had thought though...
Lately, I've been feeling the change itch. For a while, I waffled between wanting to cut it all off and doing nothing to change the length. After much deliberation, I decided that the way to go was to cut maybe a half an inch (to get rid of the dead hair) and then layer the heck out of it, to add some body or something. I figured, its not changing things too much, so I won't flip out, but it'll be different. As I sat in the chair at my stylist, I was a little nervous. I always get butterflies right before the actual cutting happens. I explained what I wanted, she nodded in understandment, and we were on our way.
As she was cutting, I kept thinking, there is a lot of hair ending up on the floor. But I figured it was the layering, and just kept waiting to be finished. After what seemed like an eternity (ok, maybe not really) and she had dried and fixed my hair, I looked at it. I was a little shocked. It was definitely shorter than I wanted-instead of the half-inch I wanted to take off, she had taken off at least two. And the rest of the hair, while very cute, was so much shorter than I had imagined in my head. I do like it though, so I thanked her and left.
I can no longer grab my hair from the back, like I used to be able to. And my hair seems more in my face. One thing I hate about getting my hair styled professionally is that I can NEVER recreate what they did. I tried today to make it as cute as she did, but nothing doing. It looks like a poor imitation, and I feel slightly disappointed in myself. I know, I know, its just hair, and hair grows. I'll be ok in a couple of days, when the shock of having no hair has set in. Farewell, dear hair, you will be missed.

3 comments:

PJ said...

You cried way more times than once on Saturday.

Understandment is not a word.

Chelle! said...

Oh, Vieve, your hair is darling. It doesn't look all that short. I thought that you had curled it and that was what was different. It is darling!!!

Maleen said...

I totally feel your pain. I like having the person style my hair so it looks cute, but I can NEVER do it the same way; even if I watch closely. I have bought special instruments to try and duplicate the look, but no luck.
I always think your hair looks great, so I am excited to see the new do. This really would be a great time for you to add PICTURES to your blog. Just a thought...