Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You gotta recognize your sedimentary rock formations!

We’re here today to celebrate the passing of a friend. My Tivo. You all know of how I love it, heck, it’s my comfort blanket, when times are tough. During my recent trip to Vegas, I had an upgrade to my Tivo delivered to my house. My thoughtful father, ever helpful, installed the new upgrade for me, even putting the new timers for to record my shows. Sadly, here is where we went wrong. What I didn’t realize about the new upgrade before we installed it, is that they don’t transfer all the info over, like it were on a hard drive (hence the setting of the new timers). The thing I definitely didn’t realize until it was too late is that with the timers being deleted, so would be my beloved saved items on there as well. The things I lost were a part of me. I watched bits of them in times of trouble, of sadness. The thing I think I’ll miss the most is the Justin Timberlake-hosted Saturday Night Live of 2007. There is a skit on there, Hip Hop Kids Episode #42: Yo Yo Yo, how we gonna get out of this mine shaft yo? I’m laughing just thinking about it! It was the perfect thing to make me smile. Find it, watch it, please, and enjoy. If you don’t laugh at it the whole time…well, something is wrong with you, and I’m sorry. PJ and I constantly quote it, and there’s nothing funnier. Some other things I had on there were just other SNL things, but they contained the adventures of the A-Holes. If you haven’t heard of these, oh boy, are you missing a gem. See if you can search for them on google or something, they are freaking hilarious. I also had a movie, High School Musical 2 (I’m not ashamed of this, I love that movie. I would just watch some of the musical numbers, not necessarily the whole movie. Come on, Bet On It has got to be one of the most ridiculous dance sequences ever. You know what I’m talking about)
Things I had on there but hadn’t saved were just a few episodes of things. Lost, from last week was one of them. I’m actually not sad about losing this, because I hate Lost right now, but I keep watching. I figure, I’ve put in three years already, I’m-a see how this show ends. Plus, before every new episode of Lost, they replay last week’s, so I’m ok there. I lost my Eli Stone episode of last week, so I have to either watch it on the internet (which I don’t have time to do) or just have skipped a week, which is looking more like what I’ll be doing. If only I could hook up my computer to my tv, then I could watch as I ran or whatever, but, alas, twas not meant to be. I lost my Psych, the season finale! (Which luckily, I watched most of in Vegas, and it will be replayed on Thursday, thank goodness) and finally, my episode of The Soup. But the E! channel replays every show a flobbity gillion times, so I for sure could catch that again. Other than those, I just lost a few movies I had just recorded. I’m hoping to maybe catch them again or something. But its not like I’m dying to see them. If I were, I would have seen them by Netflix or in the theater before now.
I know that compared to other things, losing the things on my Tivo are trivial, but they had become a part of me. I’ll miss being able to watch these things and laugh at the drop of a hat. And I know I just nerded myself out with this, admitting the saved things on my Tivo, but dear readers, I feel we have grown closer in the short time I’ve had this bloggity blog , and I’m comfortable enough my choices to not care what you think. I’ll rebuild from this; I’ll move on. I’m sure one day, I’ll look back at this and laugh, but for now…I miss my Hip Hop Kids. Keep dancing, guys.

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

OH, Vieve, I think we should have a memorial service for the dear sweet TIVO. My heart goes out to you in this time of need. I do hope that if there is anything I can do, you will let me know. Life will get better the more things that you are able record on the new and exciting UPGRADED TIVO!!

PJ said...

Your poor DVR, you must miss it. I miss my TiVo, too. Remember when it used to work?
You know how we could solve this problem? We could dance it out.
37 days until soccer season starts.

Maleen said...

I like how we have "grown so close through this blog" that you no longer "care what we think". That is totally the best attitude to have. I'm sorry you lost your shows though. I would be devastated.