Friday, February 22, 2008

Who let those white kids in here?!


This evening, I caught a showing of Step Up 2 The Streets. I enjoyed this movie! It wasn't a really good movie, plot-wise, but I did like. The movie has a bunch of white kids, trying to act black with the dancing, and doing a pretty good job at it. I don't know who of you have seen the first Step Up, which I really liked, and the second one...has nothing to do with it. I think the way they tie it together is having super McHottie Channing Tatum make a cameo in this. Which, I'm not complaining, because just looking at him is like a present, right to me.
Ok, lets do a little plotting. Movie opens with Andie, a white girl in Maryland who can dance it as well as the next person. To avoid being sent to her aunt's house in Texas, she auditions (and somehow makes it into) the Maryland School of Arts. She immediately hits it off with a weird looking fella, all the while teasing the popular hot kid, while he teases her right back. Of course, they deny anything is going on between them, while the eyes tell everything. She gets kicked out of her crew for being a part of the MSA, and decides to make a new crew with kids in the school. After some humiliations, some dancing, and some tears, they make it to a dance-off of sorts, where they get to represent their skills. And boy, do they. Well played, white rich kids from Maryland. Way to stick it to the black kids.
This movie is way fun to watch, and the music and dancing will get you moving. As soon as it was over, I wished I was on a dance crew. You know, I just might start my own! If you're interested, give me a shout out, and be prepared for a dance-off!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

Ha ha, I wish I could dance, but I don't think it is one of my major talents. I am not hideous but I don't see myself winning an award...EVER. The closest I get is Hip Hop dancing Tues. morning at the rec center. It's kind of fun, you should come, although it's at 6 am and I'm guessing you don't want to make that drive at that blessed hour of the morning. You're still invited though...

PJ said...

Not all the kids were white. The one girl was Asian and that other kid was black.

Chelle! said...

Hey--don't you think that we should create a dance team at work--kind of like the calendar thingy. I am laughing at it now!!! Can't you just see it now???