Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tiny Troop


This has been a sad week for my little Trooper. For those of you who don’t know, Trooper is my dog. She is my favorite little animal ever. Her breeding is unknown. She’s a mix of her mom, another dog I have, who is a miniature Alaskan Husky/Pomeranian mix, and her “father” is the dog that lived in the house next door. As you can see from the picture, she is black and brown and is pretty small. I've also included Troop as a tiny baby, because I think the picture with her and the bear is too cute. You're welcome. She is quite devoted to me, she follows me around the house, she sits on the couch with me whenever I am watching TV, and when I’m eating, she sits at my feet, waiting for her turn to have some delicious food. And, although I know it’s bad to give a dog people food, I usually give her some of mine. She loves bread and otter pops and milk. I’m not sure why, but hey, I find it adorable. And most people find her little scratching at you for your food annoying, I just think it’s cute, and I laugh at it. I treat her like she’s a tiny person, and during Christmas time, I dress her up. Usually as Santa or an elf, and even though she hates it, she doesn’t gnaw it off like our other dog does. I guess you can say I probably love my tiny Troop more than I love most people.
This past Monday, Troop had apparently jumped up on the bed (all this happened while I was at work, so I don’t know every detail, I just know what I’ve heard) and mom was having none of it. So she kicked Troop off the bed (literally, she kicked her) and when she fell off the giant bed (really, this bed is like 2-3 feet off the ground) she landed wrong and hurt her leg! So for the last few days, the poor thing has been limping around the house on her three legs. It’s the left rear l
eg she hurt, just in case you were wondering. Right now her trying to get up off the ground is sadly funny, when she’s been sitting or lying there. Because she can’t really use the leg, she struggles to get up and while I find it so sad, it’s really kinda funny to watch. I guess I have a dark sense of humor regarding such things. To help her out during this time, I’ve been carrying her around the house on my hip, like a baby. She is getting better, slowly. At least after the first couple of days, she puts her foot on the ground to test it out every once in a while. And while it’s not good yet, soon it will be, and she will be able to run and jump around like she used to be able to do. But for now, she’s just taking it easy. And I’m wondering, does anyone know where I can find a doggy stroller?

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

I think that you should purchase a purse--kind of like the one in Legally Blonde. You could carry Troop around like she did her little one. I do hope that Troop heals fast.

Unknown said...

And just to prove how much you love Tiny Troop, you should maybe post the picture of you attempting to eat the poor little thing just after she was born. Strange way to show love if you ask me.

Maleen said...

Okay, that bear and puppy picture is just about the cutest thing ever. I hope she feels better quickly.