Monday, February 4, 2008

Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. But nobody is that happy.


Now, I wouldn't say that I'm an exercise junkie. I do exercise, and I enjoy it, sometimes. I do some pilates, a little Tae Bo, and once in a while, I do some yoga. I gotta tell you though, I have a problem with the people in these videos. There is not a single person in the entire world that is that happy while they're exercising. These people are working their way through what is a pretty intense routine sometimes, and they're smiling at me like they haven't a care in the world. And their outfits, come on! They're in these tight little numbers that look like they're so uncomfortable to be in, and we're supposed to believe they're moving around in them and having a good time? And their hair is never messed up, it looks all nice, and everything is in place, and they have makeup on that isn't smudged by sweat. Now, its not like when I work out, I'm drenched in sweat, hair all askew, but nobody looks like a freaking supermodel while they work out. Like its not enough I have to be working out to lose weight or whatever, now I gotta compete with these girls?
Another beef I have with these things is the locations. Why are these people randomly in the mountains or on the beach working out? Is it supposed to be serene? Am I supposed to be calm while trying to get my heart rate up? They're sending me mixed messages! And being on the beach? Come on, aren't you getting sand everywhere? I walk on the beach for a minute and a half, I'm washing sand out for like a week, I can't even imagine how bad the sand for that chick has got to be.
Now, I know nothing will change for these videos, they will forever be ridiculous. To prove my point with that, I think you should go out and rent yourself a video (thats right, VHS) of an exercise tape from the eighties. I suggest getting a "Buns of Steel" one. The outfits are laughable, the things they're teaching you have, for the most part, now been shown to be totally wrong, so thats pretty funny. So enjoy these gems, and hey, work out a bit while looking at them, because clearly, you can tell, by looking at me that they work. Because, not to brag, but uh, I myself have a body of steel, so...

4 comments:

Maleen said...

I myself, do not look too smashing while working out, but I definitely avoid the videos. I enjoy the gym and watching all the real people like me, although there are still some crazies there too. Have you been to the gym recently? Oh wait, you have a body of steel, you don't need to go to the gym.

PJ said...

I think you are just doing it wrong. I find those people endearing and motivational.

Chelle! said...

Maybe you should create a new video with new "Sports wear". I happened to watch this lady arrive at the gym today...in everything white--yep, white--see through!!! I wonder sometimes what the percentage of those that go are to work out or find someone....

Ashley said...

I agree with everything you just said. It totally sucks watching a hot mama working out by the ocean when we are stuck here in snow and cold. I do like your title refrence to "Legally Blonde".