Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Food, glorious food.

I love food, but I am a very picky eater. I'm nowhere near liking all foods, though I don't know of anyone that likes all foods, but I do like many. Mostly I'm so picky because of previous stomach problems. Not being able to digest foods very well limits what you can eat. You end up eating the bland foods, chicken, bread, rice, pastas, but only if the pasta sauce doesn't have too many spices, or else you can't eat it. Luckily, I'm on some miracle pills that make it so I can eat pretty much anything. I still have to be careful, of course, but I can eat a lot more of the foods that I used to have to look longingly at. Of the ones I hate, only a few stand out as being the most despised of all. Fish, walnuts, cantaloupe, honeydew, tomatoes, seafoam, chocolate cake, soup (of any kind), and white lettuce seem to top off the list. And mostly, I don't like food because of the texture. Sure, the taste comes into it, but mostly its the texture, how it feels in my mouth. I'm sure seafoam is delicious, but because it feels so weird while chewing, I'm out. I can't even fake eating it. And soup? Come on-its not a real food if its liquid! And don't come to me saying that stew could be better, because it isn't. Its like a drink with chunks in it. And the only way I do liquids is a drink, I won't be "eating" it. Tomatoes are gushy, I don't care if they're fresh or old, I swear there isn't a difference, there's all sorts of juices squirting out at you, and random seeds all over the place.
I know lots of people do this, but when I'm eating, I'll eat the stuff I don't like first, to get it out of the way for the stuff I do like. Pretty much, whenever I go out to a restaurant, I don't mix it up and try new things, I go for the same thing I always get, because I know it'll be something I like! I have begun to branch out a little, though. For instance, at the Red Robin the other night, instead of getting a boring old cheeseburger, I got a bacon cheeseburger! Thats right, I'm going wild! And I do sometimes ask the waiter/waitress what they recommend...and end up getting the thing I usually get anyways. Sometimes, what the suggest just sounds gross. And I'm not wasting hard earned money on food I'll pick through, and then still be hungry by the time we leave.
Now, to cheer myself up, I will talk of the things I love. Pizza. Oh, pizza is so delicious. I'm pretty sure I eat pizza every weekend now. And my winning combination is pepperoni and green peppers, with ranch dressing on the side for to dip the pizza into. I don't necessarily have a favorite place, but I do like the Two Jacks pizza here in Spanish. Especially with extra cheese. Mmmm...so good. I'm a huge fan of macaroni and cheese, people actually make fun of me because I order this when I go out to eat. Come on, mac and cheese is the food of the Gods. Right now I'm loving steak. I used to hate it so much, and when people would talk about it, I'd be like, ugh, gross, but then I had this super delicious steak at Ruby River, and since then I just can't get enough of it! But that could also be because it's winter, and in the winter, I always crave meat. Just like how in the summer, I always crave salads. Its a cycle I go through. I am a fan of cereal. Right now, my favorite is multi-grain cheerios. Its healthy, and delicious! And pie. I am so in love with pie lately! Lemon, coconut, banana cream, strawberry rhubarb, apple, cherry, I love it all. I want some of that right now!
Thats really all I can think about right now. Plus, talking about all this food has made me pretty hungry.

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

I think that it is sad that there are so many foods to try out there, but when I go to a restraunt, I always order the same thing. Chili's-Chicken Quesadilla, Olive Garden-Soup, Salad & breadsticks, Cafe Rio-Shredded Chicken salad, Panda Express-Chow Mein with Orange chicken & Kung Pao chicken, Burger King-Whopper Jr. and see the list goes on and on. I think that the reason I never try anything new is these are things that do not upset my stomach. Oh, I am one for texture--if I don't like the texture--there is no way I will try it again--watermelon is that way for me.

PJ said...

I think that I am to attribute to your newfound love of steak. You're welcome. And your newfound obsession with pizza. Sorry about that one.

Maleen said...

Chocolate cake? And I thought I was picky. And there are so many good soups out there and they are so wonderful in the winter. Oh, I almost feel sorry for you, but since you don't like them, I guess I shouldn't feel bad. I am so torn.
Oh, and I never get to eat out and try new things, so maybe you should invite my sometime??