Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 86–Round Up

Today is the Lehi RoundUp 10K. Or, as I was told about 2 days before the race, the RoundUp 5 Mile run. For some reason, they decided to make this year a 5 mile instead of the standard and previous 6. No prob. PJ and I showed up, and noticed there were a lot less people than there usually are, but I didn’t know why. It wasn’t until they made an announcement announcing that we were in competition with Ragnar that I realized that was why. Our shirts were pretty cool this year.

LehiRace

I finished the race in 52:00 even, not too fast, but not too shabby. I was 3rd in my age group, which I’ll chalk up to their being so few people there. There was a girl that got first in her age group, and thus the medal, but she cheated on the race course. She was in front of us, and she didn’t run the whole course, but I didn’t know what to do when she ran, so I just let her get her medal of lies. But it was a good race, and I got to eat some waffles afterwards, which finished it off quite nicely.

No comments: