Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 77–Trek Days 1&2

Yesterday, on trek, we did 8 miles to get to the camp site. It was dusty, I am filthy at this point, and when we got there, our entire campsite was just straight up sagebrush.

6-22-14 252

After hacking at it, we all finally set up camp.

6-22-14 251

It got chilly, so we bundled up, ate, had some devotionals, and then went to sleep. I wasn’t warm enough, so during the night, Husband had to help me out, by laying down on my legs after I woke him up. I didn’t have a good night’s sleep, and in the morning, our stuff (and people!) were covered in frost! Gah!

We had a YW come today and only stay for today, and she happened to bring some Mtn Dew (after a helpful text to her from the YW president) after I mentioned the day before that I wish I had some – my ward is awesome. We strapped it in, and went out for the day.

6-22-14 254

Also, that’s our family’s flag. It’s awesome. We did Rocky Ridge today, which was REALLY hard, but we did it, and it only took all of my energy, and all my sweat, but we did it!

6-22-14 259

Then we set up camp, and had a boringly chill afternoon.

No comments: