Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 84–A Thank You

Yesterday, I was just hanging out and the doorbell rang. Usually, when this happens, I assume it’s a scout, because they stop by so often, and usually, I take my time. So I went to the door, and found one of the girls that was one of my “children” on trek. She was holding a note and a small plate of cookies. She handed them over and we chit-chatted for a moment, mostly about how clean we both were, and laughing about it, and then she left. I brought it inside, and opened the envelope,

thanks

It was a sweet thank you note! She thanked us for being her parents on trek, and I thought that was really sweet. Her mother also wrote a note in there, and I felt really good, like maybe we weren’t as bad as parents as I thought (since really, we didn’t do much except just hang out with the kids, hardly disciplining or anything) so now, I think I could take care of people in this sort of situation, should it arise. And as a side note, these cookies were delicious.

No comments: