Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 79–Last Day of Trek

Finally. last night, the last night of trek, I had a good night’s sleep. I finally had enough clothes on to be warm, and finally got a good night’s rest. Shoot. But we hurried and packed up and left. We were all really jazzed to be getting back home, and we had a long 7 miles of downhill to do. It was hard, it was dusty, my eyes were hurting again, and I wanted to be done. Finally, finally, we got back to the site, unloaded our carts as quickly as we could, and got going. Finally, in the car, I snapped a selfie to see what I had looked like all week.

6-22-14 277

Yup. My face was burned. My nose so burned it blistered (Even after applying sunblock every two hours) and I look amazing. I am just so filthy at this point, I want to get home. I got home, took off my shoes and socks, and was greeted by my toes.

6-22-14 279

This was one of the best showers I’ve ever had.

No comments: