Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 78–Trek Day 3

This morning, we had Pioneer Olympics. We had knife throw, hatchet throwing, bow and arrow, log toss, tug of war, and so many others. One of the boys wanted to look tough, so he put some dirt on his face to throw the logs.

6-22-14 271

I snapped a pic of Husband throwing the knives.

6-22-14 276

Then, we did the Women’s Pull. It was hard, but it wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I had been warned, all week, about how hard it was, and while it was hard, I will say that, it was the impossible journey I had been told. But my girls did it, and it was awesome. This is my first ward activity thing where I have to be an adult, since we’re the Ma and Pa of our family, and it’s kind of weird to have to be responsible and adult. After the women’s pull, my eyes decided that the best thing to do would be to just not work anymore. They had been burning and stinging for the last 2 hours, but after that, I could barely get them open, and couldn’t see out of my left eye anymore. They told me to hitch a ride with the stake, and not worry about pulling the handcart, so after they made me get in the car, I was resigned to waiting. But then, I learned, the stake car needed to wait until every ward left before they could. I didn’t want to wait there anymore, so I told them my eyes were better, and walked myself to the next campsite. I thought at one point that I had gotten lost, because I was by nothing, and could hear nothing, but I kept going, and finally found my ward. I took out the contacts, and did glasses for the rest of the night. After dinner (hamburgers and Iceberg shakes!) We did Singing in the Trees, which was pretty awesome. This has been really hard, and I’ve hurt myself, but I’m glad I’m doing this.

No comments: