Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I’ve been trying to make these cookies for days now, and time just hasn’t been on my side. But today, even though things were a little busy, I finally got to make them! First of all, my and Chelle’s team The Angels had their first win tonight! Too bad our last game is Friday now with this win! But I got home, I immediately threw some laundry into the machine, and made the cookies. I successfully made the cookies while doing a couple of other things, and it worked out, for the most part. But here’s the recipe:

1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup + 1 TBS brown sugar, packed
2 eggs {at room temperature}
1 TBS. pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1.5-2 cups shredded coconut (Optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray a cookie sheet. In a mixing bowl, use a mixer to beat the the coconut oil and brown sugar.  Add in the eggs and beat until fluffy.  Add in the vanilla extract. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder with whisk.  Mix the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture a little bit at a time until all the flour is incorporated.  Add in the chocolate chips and coconut and mix well. Drop by small rounded spoons onto prepared baking sheets. {I used a small cookie scoop)

CoconutPre Bake for about 8 - 9 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges. They will be really soft and chewy, with a slightly crispy edge. Let them rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.

CoconutPost

I’m not going to lie – these are pretty delish. I really like them. After I made the first two batches, the washing machine was finished. So I went in, switched the whites out for the colors, and then after that was done, I did some things on my iPod, then did this and that, and then Husband came in, and I said hello, and then we were chatting, and after I grabbed the mail, and was going through it, that’s when I remembered the last batch of cookies were still in the oven! GAH! So I quickly got them out, and while they are overcooked, they’re not super burned. I still don’t know if I’ll eat them or what, they’re just sitting on the table…looking at me. But anyway, I recommend these, and they’re super easy!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness!!!! These were absolutely delicious! I love when you share your recipes.