Thursday, May 9, 2013

A New Table

For some time now, I haven’t really liked my coffee table upstairs. But I have really specific requirements for the table up there, so it’s been a slow process for it. It has to be high enough for me to work on (because I like to make my cards and scrapbook up on it) and it has to be wide enough to have people sit at it and eat (for when we have game day and we use the table as a sort of dinner table. We’re just lazy is all) so it’s been hard to find one that fits both of those. But after having been to many a place around the good cities of Orem, Provo, etc, I finally tried a place I’d never been to, Furnish It. I found a table, that came in a 3 piece of a table, and two end tables. So after placing an order for it, it finally got into the store a week or two later. When it came in, I got the call, and I was trying to figure out how to pick it up – since my car and Husband’s car is pretty small. Luckily, Chelle came through for me – she had an SUV that she drove and helped me.

After I got home with it, it took me a good ten minutes to move the box from outside to inside. Then I tried to get it up the stairs with no luck at all. After about 30 minutes, I gave up, and 30 minutes later, Husband came home and helped me move it upstairs. Then we put the table together. Here it is after it’s done:

Table

Ta-ddaaaa! Looking pretty good, if I do say so myself. By the time we got this together, it was time for me to go to bed, so I just left everything where it was, and the next day, I came back to put together the end tables. They were time consuming, and by the time I finished, my thumb hurt from using the allen wrench to put it together, but they were together good.

EndTable

And now, my tables are complete. And one of the greatest things about this new table, is that it can come up to meet me! I can be so lazy!

VieveTable

I can hide things like candy in here! I really enjoy this table, and I’m psyched I finally have a table that I like.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I really like your new table. It looks really great in your room. Nice job.