Monday, May 6, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday, I was getting ready to put my dinner in the crockpot, so I was gathering the ingredients that I needed. I noticed that I didn't have one thing - cornstarch. I SWEAR I had some, I swear, but the only thing I found in the pantry was cornmeal, so that must be what I was thinking. Since people were still outside my house, walking home, I was like, who can I text to see if they have cornstarch? I had my visiting teacher on my phone, so I shot her a text, and luckily, she texted right back, and had some! So, in my Sunday best, I walked over to her house to get my cornstarch, and then my dinner ended up being delicious.

Good news, everyone. As a follow up to last week, my basement is dry. It finally dried up on Wednesday. Last Monday, we steam cleaned down there, soaked up a TON of water, and that really helped. The carpet is dry, and nothing smells weird, so I'm hoping we don't have any lingering problems, or mold, or anything. I just don't think I could handle things like that very well right now. Anything house related, where it might be a big or costly repair, I don't do well with that.

I sang in church yesterday. I know, I know, everyone sings in church every Sunday, but this week, I was singing in a trio with 2 other ladies. A few weeks ago in RS, they passed out a sign up sheet for people that were willing to sing in a group. I did put my name on this, mostly because I was pressured into it by my visiting teacher. I got a text on Thursday evening from a new friend I've made in the ward, asking if I would sing on Sunday, with my VT and her. I for sure thought that because of this sheet, I felt like I couldn't say no. They told me the song we were singing, and I had never even heard it before! I listened to it, and I thought...this song sucks. But, I was still going to, obvs. On Sunday morning, we all met to practice, so after we ran through the song a few times, we were confident in it. Well, they were, I was terrified of the prospect of singing in front of people, even if it's just RS women. So, RS came, and after sitting through some of a lesson, they called us up to sing. I was SHAKING and NERVOUS, but up I went. I had to hold my hands behind my back so they wouldn't shake too much. So, we sing, and I honestly don't know if I sang on key or what even happened, but we finished, and we sat back down. Of course, as soon as we sat down, my body just reacted to all the nerves of being so terrified so of course, I cried like a sissy, and then it was over and done with, and I am just happy it's over.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

I don't know why I find this story funny. Probably because I get really nervous when I sing too. (Unless it is in a choir.) I just get ridiculously sweaty. And then I stink the rest of the day. The end.