Sunday, May 26, 2013

Our Great Loss

I’ve thought for a few days of how to write this post. I’m really only good at writing light hearted, semi-funny blog posts about cooking or running. So this one will be different. I’m sure that most of you who read this have heard the news already, but this past weekend, my in-laws tragically lost their lives in an accident in their motor home in St George. Here’s a pretty good news piece about it:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=25306526

We’ve been getting through it ok. There are less tears with each day, and things are coming together. There are sad moments still, and will be for some tine. They were amazing people, my Momsie and Papa Steve. We had so much fun together, all the time. I know the cliché is to not get along with your in-laws, but I did, and really well. As I sit here and ponder our relationship, and the many fun times we had, I will miss so many things in the years to come. My heart aches for Adam and his siblings, especially the younger ones, who will now face growing up without their parents. The rest of us will try to step up, and help in every way we can, but of course it won’t be the same. This week will be one of the hardest ones I’ve ever had to go through, but I’m sure with the help of loved ones, I’ll get through it with the strength I need.

I think one of the things I’ll miss most were the half-hugs that my father-in-law would give. I don’t know why he did this – but he gave an odd sort of half-hug, and it always made me laugh. I can’t even explain it properly in here, but it was just something he did. And with Momsie, I’ll miss the excitement and fun we had together, plotting future vacations, and ganging up on Adam. They were two really awesome people, and were so welcoming of me into their family. I will miss them a lot.

SONY DSC

2 comments:

Jess said...

Vieve,
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. It is so hard to go through losing loved ones. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you and your family can feel the comfort and love that you need to help get your through this difficult time.

Chelle! said...

I am so sorry!! When I received your message this morning, my heart broke. Just know that Heavenly Father is watching over you.