Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine’s Day

For weeks, Husband has been telling me that I will be so psyched to get his present for valentine’s day. I never have any context of what his gifts are, because they’re always so all over the map, so I had no idea what to expect. I had scouts on valentines day (Because, as I was told by my leader, valentine’s isn’t really a family holiday, so there’s no reason that we should cancel scouts.) I had about 5 minutes between getting home from work and having to be at scouts, and I needed to change out of my skirt into some jeans. As I came into the house that evening, I was like, ok what is that smell? It smelled like, plastic or something, but I couldn’t quite place it. So I go upstairs to my room to get my pants, and when I get in there, I noticed something is different in the bathroom. It takes a second, and I realized, the mirrors! They’re different! And there was my valentine’s present – Husband had installed 2 mirrors in the bathroom, instead of the one. Here’s the pic, and I’ll explain:

Mirrors

Always growing up, I had the tri-fold mirror, and I really got used to having them. I could always turn them to see the back of my head, and do my hair just a little better/quicker. Then I got hitched, and neither our apartment, nor this place, had the tri-fold mirror, so I had to learn to deal without it. Of course, whenever I get frustrated by my hair, I blame it on the mirror, not anything about myself, naturally. My gift was a practical gift, but I am really glad to finally have this kind of mirror. And a plus, it’ll finally clean the counter of all of the stuff on there!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Nice...that is a great gift!!