Monday, February 4, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

A momentous sporting event was yesterday. Don’t be coy, I know you watched it, or wanted to, and didn’t get a chance. I’m speaking, of course of the Puppy Bowl 2013. It was a great event, I was glad I watched, of course. Naturally, there were oodles of cute puppies, and it really made me want to go get a puppy. There weren’t very many touchdowns this year, which was a disappointment, but there were many fights, and that makes it worth it. The winner of the game was no one, really, as is always the case, but the MVP of the game was Marta, a spunky Schnauzer/Beagle mix that really tore it up.  


A few of my favorite were Fitz (who fell into the water bowl) and Sally, a spunky wiener dog that scored a touchdown but then ran off the field with the ball.

Yesterday, as I was coming home from church, I noticed a few police cars were right in front of my house. As I watched, I noticed that they were talking to the neighbor that lives across from me. They were there for quite a while, but I couldn’t figure out why. Later in the day, I was in the kitchen making cookie dough, and they screeched in once again. And again, the neighbor came out and talked to them, they talked amongst themselves, talked to the neighbor again, and then left. I honestly don’t know why they were there so many times, and I wish I knew! I can’t figure out, is the neighbor shady? Is there something bad going on in there? WHAT’S HAPPENING?!

This weekend, whilst I was at Target, buying my new sunglasses, we were near the watches, as the sunglasses and watches are in the same section. I was lamenting over my watch, which, while it’s a very good watch, it started out as a white watch is now just sort of gray-ish and ugly. So, I decided to buy a new one. After looking through all the watches, and making many hard decisions, finally, I chose a black watch. And of course, I have included a pic for your viewing pleasure:
Fancy, eh? And it glows in the dark, which is such a nice feature, for all the times I need to know the time in a darkened room. (All right, it’s pretty helpful in the movie theater) And because the watchband is black, I no longer have to worry about getting it dirty, which is just a nice bonus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tic toc. It's 3 o'clock. Where go some chicken? Knock knock knock.

Maleen said...

Why have I never been told of the Puppy Bowl? I want to watch it.