Monday, February 18, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

On Saturday, I took my car to get inspected. It is again the magical time of year, February, where I need to make sure everything is ok with it, and then pay the state to let me keep driving. Sometimes I hate that we have to do this every year, but it’s probably a good idea. So, I took mine in, and told them that in addition to the inspection/emissions, I needed an oil change, a tire rotation, and an alignment – my car has been pulling to the right so hard, I feel like its trying to kill me. So I left my card, and home I came. I was home for just a bit, then I got the dreaded call from the car place, telling me what I failed on. I was hoping I’d get through it scot-free, but alas, that’s not my luck. I needed new brakes, 2 new tires and a…shoot I’ve forgotten the last. I think maybe some kind of filter? I’ve forgotten. But of course, I need my car, so I told them to make the necessary improvements, and work on it.I got the call about an hour later that it was done, and in I went. They told me everything looks good now, and I passed, and then I had them register it for me, I love that they can do that for you. He hands me the bill for all of it, and … 680 DOLLARS! My heart nearly stopped. Thankfully, I had been rejoicing this past month that my credit card was almost paid off and now…not so much. But the car drives much smoother, which is nice.

Also on Saturday, PJ and I were at the gym, when she happened to knock her phone off the treadmill. Instead of doing the normal thing, where it just shoots off the back of the treadmill, only causing mild embarrassment, this time, her phone got caught in the treadmill belt, where it looped around the treadmill about twice, and we could hear it cracking, and saw tiny pieces shooting out. Immediately, she stopped the treadmill, and we flagged over some employees, who proceeded to take the treadmill apart. First we located the case, which was flattened, and after about a half hour, we finally got the phone out.

Phone

Needless to say, the phone is toast. Now, I’m all nervous to put my phone on the treadmill, lest the same thing happen to me!

Today is President’s Day, so I luckily, have a day off. It’s not like I have anything really to do today, so I’ve just been doing errandy-type things. I’ve gone to the gym, I did some random cleaning, I made a treat, I did some laundry. Basically, it’s just been a free day off, which is kind of nice. And now, off I am, to do more things on my to-do list. Enjoy the day, everyone!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Holy cow!! I didn't even know that could happen. It is kinda of funny...you know, from an outside perspective.