Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Resourceful!

Last night was my scout pack meeting, when all the boys of all ages get together. This month, the theme is Resourcefulness, so our activity was that we had a whole bunch of recyclable things, and we gave them to the boys with some tape, and told them to build something. As I was helping one of my scouts build a robot, Husband got to work on something behind me. When I turned to him, I saw what he was making:

Field1

A mini soccer field, made out of a box lid, some wirey things, two water bottles, and a ball made of duct tape. I laughed when I saw it, and we played a few rounds. Husband was proud of his creation.

Adam1

After we’d been playing for a bit, we found some more wire things, and made little players to use instead of the water bottles:

Field2

If you can tell, the long things, with a curl at the end are the kickers, and the little people-looking things are the goalies. So now you can employ both hands, and have a full team. We showed off the field that we (Husband) had made, and felt pretty good about it. And all the scouts made awesome things, they are creative individuals. Good work, boys.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Definitely creative. I should get my trash out to keep my kids busy. I really do think they could find something to do with it.