Monday, February 25, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

Over the weekend, I got a pedicure. I know that nails are something I can do myself, but I just love having someone giving me one. I like the massage, the sloughing of the dead skin, and that my feets are awesome after they’re done. And while I love the vast colors they have that I can choose from, I also like the art they do as well.

Toes

Yesterday, I watched the Oscars. It was, I’ll admit, a boring affair. One of the bright moments of it, which was also an embarrassment for the star was when the lovely Jennifer Lawrence, who had just won Best Actress, had the unfortunate luck of tripping up the stairs on the way to collect her trophy.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/02/oops.gif

While it’s awful, I loved that after she got up, she got a standing ovation, and then said “You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell”, showing me that she’s human like the rest of us, and won’t let little things ruin her day. I loved it.

On my way home from work today, I stopped and trimmed my hair. I realized last Friday that the end of my hair was so gross, split ends, and it was just rough and so awful. Naturally, I waited 3 days to get it cut. I also decided to get my hair shampooed and styled, for reasons such as: if I washed it tonight, I wouldn’t have to wash it for a few days, and really, that kind of time saved is just plain gold in the morning. So as she was washing my hair, I realized how much I LOVE getting my hair washed. I love when they’re scratching my scalp, and running their fingers through my hair, and the whole thing is just such a great experience. I trimmed the least amount of hair possible, which may have been a half an inch, and left feeling pretty good. Now my hair is silky and the ends look good!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Nothing like some good pampering. I like having my hair washed too. :)