Wednesday, November 14, 2018

What's Making Me Happy This Week

Okay, y'all, the thing making me happy this week is podcasts! Since I got that super bad cold this week, and have had to run inside, I don't listen to podcasts on my runs. I listen to them outside, but when I'm inside, I need the visual of a TV show/movie to help keep my mind off of how boring running on a treadmill is. So I haven't had a chance to listen to my podcasts, and I miss them! Here's a list of the ones I love:


  • How Did This Get Made
Basically, this podcast talks about really crappy movies, and dissects them in a hilarious manner. Would recommend, but if salty language offends you, steer clear. 
  • Unspooled
These guys talk about the AFI Top 100 movies of all time, dissect the movies, and talk behind the scenes stuff. Basically the exact opposite, quality-wise, of the above podcast. 
  • Pop Culture Happy Hour
This is an NPR podcast, they talk about all things pop culture - books, movies, music, TV shows, everything. It's a delight
  • Screen Dive
This is another movie podcast (yes I know I have a type) and this one talks about Fox movies. Not as good as the other ones, but still pretty good. 
  • Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!
This is another NPR one, it just talks about the news of the week, usually presented in various quiz formats. 

Anyway, if you like podcasts, give these a go. And if you've never listened, here's your chance! 

No comments: