Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pies and Cooking

So, before I start this, I’m going to level with you. I didn’t take a single picture of any of the stuff I made today. I forgot to get pictures of the pies I made, and the hot fudge I made. Yup, that happened. Dang it. So, here we go:

Tonight, I made the pies for Thanksgiving. I made a pumpkin cheesecake that didn’t really work out very well. I followed the recipe, but it made too much cheesecake-to-pumpkin pie ratio. I made a backup pie then, a peanut butter pie, an old staple, and I dig it. It’s a no-bake pie, so it’s easy and awesome. During the making of the pb pie, I learned I didn’t have any hot fudge in the house, despite previously thinking I had a full bottle. Dang it again! So I looked at recipes online, and finally found an easy one that I could make hot fudge at home! So after making that, I finished my pies. Here’s the recipe for the delicious hot fudge:

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup half and half OR milk OR cream (which is what I used)
4 TB butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and keep stirring for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a heat safe container. (I used a small mason jar) Allow to cool and store in refrigerator.

Easy and delicious! So finally, my pies are ready, and Husband made an apple pie while I was doing these, so I think at this point, we’re all ready for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I want to learn to make delicious looking and tasting pies...you know the kind that you bake. I have mastered the cream pies but other than that...I need help. HA