Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Here's the whole story

Ok, now that there is more time, I will elaborate on the things I teased you with earlier. To be honest, I could stretch out the events over several blogs, but lets be honest, that would be boring. Plus, there's pictures!

The facts are these:

Our boys in white (away jerseys!) did a great game. Sadly, Colorado scored first, and we were on pins and needles...until the 90th minute, when we scored. It was fantastic. I spent the last 5 minutes of the game on my feet, praying for the ref to end the game. When he finally did, we went wild. We high fived Rimando and Borchers. It was awesome.

We had given a ride to some other fans to the stadium, because their taxi didn't show up. Halfway to the game, we found out we were giving a ride to the mother of one of the players, Will Johnson. She introduced us to him after the game-I could not have been more excited. He's adorable in real life! I just wanted to give him a hug, but I don't know how people would be if you just leaned in for a hug while they put out the hand for the shake. I'll try it sometime.

I got a smile from one of the players in the Reserves game-which we also won. I tossed him the ball after it came out and landed at my feet. Its nice to get a smile!

We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. For those of you who don't know, and can't deduce from the name, its a zoo that is in the mountain. So seeing the animals, you actually have to hike. Its nice for the legs, but because you're up in the mountains, its colder. I was freezing the entire time, but it was fun. We got to feed the giraffes some crackers, thus the touching of the giraffe tongue.



I ran on the best treadmill of my whole life. There was a TV attached to it-which was awesome! Plus, you could have your own little personal trainer gal pop up and talk to you, plus you could choose the "terrain" you were running on. Basically, it would tell you how far it was in track circles, or up the mountain, that sort of thing. I wish I had that treadmill in real life.

We also went to the Air Force Academy, and went to the chapel there. It was amazing! I totally want to get married there. Which, as I understand it, I can't do until I marry a cadet. I better get working!
The inside:

The outside:

That's really about it, I think, the tiny stories that most of you already know, so I'm sorry you had to hear about it twice. I am doing good on my Tivo watching-for anyone who was wondering. I got down to 13 hours-but then recorded 4 more today, so I really haven't made any progress at all. I feel so overwhelmed by my television.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I loved hearing your story of your adventure. I am glad that you have fun!! And a Giraffe....very entertaining!!

Maleen said...

I love all the little story tid-bits, but that building doesn't hold a candle to the temple, and you don't have to marry a cadet to go there.