Sunday, October 12, 2008

What else could go wrong?

People always talk about how they are using a blow dryer when it stops working on them, and they are left with half a head of wet hair, and no way to finish the job. This always worries me, so when mine starts acting up, I replace it before it can do anything like that on me. For the last little while, though, my blow dryer has been doing shady things. Its been making a noise like a dying elephant, and the drying it does is...mediocre at best. It also started to smell a little burny when I used it. But, I was determined to stick this out until the end. That is, until about two days ago, when I looked into the drying shaft (I'm not sure that's what it's called. The nozzle? Where the air comes out?) and saw sparks popping out. That freaked me out quite a bit, so I decided to fold and buy a new one. The next day, I had the new one, a Vidal Sassoon, purpley-blue 1875W Professional Turbo Dryer. I couldn't wait to use it.
So, I hop into the shower. (this might seem like too much information, but go with it. It's relevant) I wash my hair with the shampoo, then put in the conditioner. I always put in the conditioner, then lather up the body with soap. Yes, TMI, I'm trying to get through it quickly. As soon as I finished lathering up, the lights flicker, then go out completely. Now, I'm trying to stay calm, but with it being pitch black in my bathroom, that's a little hard to do. There is no window or anything in my bathroom. There is no light in there at all, and with the walls being dark, there is nothing reflecting or anything. I quickly got the soap off, then hopped out of the shower (sopping wet) and opened the door, hoping that the light from the one window in the basement would give me a little light to be able to find things. It helped! I could see a little.
I washed out my hair, then decided that with the light, I would try to shave my legs. As soon as I took the first swipe, my razor BROKE IN HALF. I gave up on the idea of anything, decided I'd better not try my luck. I didn't get to use my blow dryer, and I had no power to do anything in. Getting ready was a trick in very little light. I don't recommend it. The power stayed out for like 4 hours, apparently some semi hit into a power line that took out the power in a chunk of the city. I'm thinking of getting myself a generator, so that at least when I don't have power, I can still get around the house and look alright.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is really funny, and for the record, I always lather up after I put my conditioner in. I mean, you are supposed to leave it in for a few minutes so what else are you going to do during that time?

Chelle! said...

My blow dryer is seeing it last days--but I can't give it up. I love it too much!!!