Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've got high hopes!

As mostly everyone has heard, Real got their own stadium. A new, specially designed for soccer only, awesome new stadium. Rio Tinto is the name-which I kinda hate. I'm trying out different nicknames for it. So far, I have The Tint and The Rits. I'm coming up with more, we're just seeing what works. I was going to blog about it when we had the first game there, but I decided to combine entries. The first game there was awesome. Not the end result-we tied, but being in the great atmosphere with all other fans was amazing. I don't like the people we're sitting by-for now at least. Nobody around us yells or cheers really. And of course, I'm a screamer. By the end of the night, I've usually screamed myself somewhat hoarse. I always laugh at people that seem annoyed at me at games when I'm yelling and they're not. I'm not gonna keep quiet-its a soccer game. I'll be quiet at church, where it's appropriate.
The second game we had there was last night, and sadly, the last home game for us this year. Unless we get into the playoffs, that is. We played Dallas-and going into the game, I was so confident we could win them. We've won them before, we'd be at home, so we'd have the advantage there. My boys in red did not disappoint. After a great game full of cards, fights, and injuries, we came out on top, 3-1. It was a fantastic game. We still had hopes alive of being in the playoffs. The way to ensure that we'd get into the playoffs was for Colorado to lose to Chivas-and the game was on Sunday. I anticipated this game, and was cheering for Chivas, a team I usually hate.
We watched the game on Sunday, in high hopes that Colorado would lose. They haven't been that good this year, so I totally thought they would not win. I was wrong! Colorado won-2-1. I was so disappointed. Chivas, who is a pretty good team, couldn't beat Colorado, even with Colorado in their ridiculous light blue uniforms. I always feel like they should lose away games just because of the girly color of their kits, but things don't work like that, I guess.
Now, the way for us to advance is to win (or tie, I suppose, but who wants a tie?) in the game in Colorado next Saturday-which I will be attending. Its the last game for everyone-and it is literally for all the marbles. Whoever wins goes on-and I want it so badly for it to be us. We've never been to the playoffs-and after how great we've been playing this year, I don't want it to be over. I don't know how far we'll advance once we get to the playoffs, but I want to find out! Go Real!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I do hope that they make it to the play-offs! And better yet, I hope that you get to accomplish your goal for next year....I, definitely, will be at that game.