Thursday, October 23, 2008

See ya later, Suckers.

It’s here! The time has come! The time we have all been waiting for is upon us! Ok, so not everyone has been waiting, but I’ve been waiting enough for everyone. It’s the last regular season game for RSL. The games have all been played, save for this one. And like I’ve already told everyone about, this is the big game of the season. Of course, every game is great and necessary, but this is what it comes down to. An entire season of doing great comes down to one 90 minute game. This is it, and I could not be more excited. We are traveling down to the game in Colorado, which will be fantastic. We did this last year, and it was such a great game, we won it. I’m hoping for a repeat performance this year, and I’m sure my boys won’t disappoint. I’m just hoping that this year, I won’t get whacked in the head with a horn.
Being an away fan at games is always weird. You’re definitely outnumbered, and you have to watch your step. If you piss off a fan, you could find yourself in hot water very quickly. Luckily, PJ and I are ridiculously good looking, so people don’t get mad at us, they just think we’re adorable. Ok, that’s a lie. But we look pure, which is just as good. And I’ve been told we’re fun to sit by in a game-because we yell so much, so maybe the Coloradians will think we’re great and just want to befriend us. It doesn’t really matter if we’re liked, because at the end of the day, we’ll never see them again. Plus they’ll be mad when our team beats them.
So there’ll be no blogs the next few days (not like I blog all the time anyways!) but there’ll be plenty to tell you all later. And on Saturday, everyone cheer for our team even though you probably won’t be watching the game. I want us to go to the playoffs for the first year ever.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I remember going to a soccer game in Ukraine. The goal there was to blend in because they get CRAZY about soccer. Being American, we still got harassed by a few drunk people, but other than that, we laid low.
On the seats they even left blue and yellow ponchos so that everyone was wearing their colors by section. It was pretty cool.

Chelle! said...

NO, NO, DON'T GO!! Who is going to make me laugh at work? Who is going to I/M at work? Who is going to read horoscopes with me at work? Who is going to talk about Grey's with me at work? WHO? I ask WHO??