Monday, September 22, 2008

There's no crying in baseball!

…Or anywhere else, for that matter. I’m not a crier. I don’t get teary very often. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I really cried. I probably just don’t have the drama in my life that some people do. Things are casual and easy-going, so there’s never anything for me to get worked up about. I think it’s weak to cry (for me, not for others, I don’t mean to offend anyone here who cries) and so I try not to. Usually, when something is painful is when the tears come.
Of course, there are exceptions. I cry in movies and TV shows all the time. I went to the movies this last weekend; saw Ghost Town (good movie, by the way. I recommend) and I teared up in it! I didn’t cry a lot, it wasn’t like sobbing or anything, but I definitely got misty. And this last Monday, I was watching One Tree Hill (don’t judge me, people. I love this show despite how ridiculous it is) and I definitely cried a little there too. I don’t know what it is about TV that makes me cry. I know it’s not real, but they have a way of pulling at my heartstrings! And I’m always so embarrassed when I cry while watching. I’m hoping that nobody will come downstairs (where I’m usually watching TV) or that nobody will hear my quiet sniffle or glance over at me at the theater.
The worst is when I’m working out and something makes me cry. While I’m running indoors on the treadmill, I’m watching TV. I have to watch something, or else I get bored within 2 minutes of running. Sometimes, I’m watching a movie that makes me cry, and there’s nothing more embarrassing then crying and running at the same time. I feel so ridiculous. In addition to my shows and movies, I also do sometimes cry during commercials. That’s right; I’m one of those girls. I don’t even consider myself very sensitive or anything, and here I am, crying at the drop of a hat. I sometimes can’t believe myself.
Most times it’s just a tear or two, and once in a while, I’ve got tears streaming down my cheeks. Maybe someday I’ll move past this business of crying during everything I watch. Until then, I’ll see if I can stay away from the really sad movies-while I’m running, at least.

No comments: