Monday, September 29, 2008

Once you go relaxed, you'll never go back

Many people don't like to be touched. I sorta don't like to be touched. If I initiate it, I'm more than happy to touch someone. None of this is in a dirty way, BTW. But if I offer a hug, or a hand holding, a momentous occasion. You've broken my inner sanctum. If I have never let it seem like I'd want to do any of this, you better stay away. I'll break an arm if you try to get it near me without permission. This also goes for massages. People, I find, usually hate them. Me, I love them. They feel awesome, and the effects last for hours, if you get a good one.
For my birthday, I got a free massage from a friend of mine who is a masseuse. I've been wanting to get one from her for a while, and this was the perfect gift. I have gotten many a massage before, and was looking forward to this one. As the date got nearer, I was getting more nervous, because it occurred to me, the closer we got to the date, that I would be in my skivvies for this! Now, I have had many massages before, and I've stripped down with nary a second thought. The different thing this time, is that its a person I knew who'd be seeing me in my skin. I'd have to look her in the eye the next day!
Ok, it wasn't actually that bad. I was a little nervous to get it done, but when I arrived there, and I relaxed and laid down, it was ok. I was calm, and totally looking forward to it. And let me tell you-it felt awesome! She did such a great job, and by the time I was done, I was totally and completely relaxed. I even almost fell asleep. It was a great time-and I feel really good now. I'm so glad I got this great gift. I totally recommend that everyone get one-if they don't mind people touching them.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

OH....UMMM....glad you liked it....as for me--once a week, every Wednesday for 10 minutes almost puts me over the edge....

Maleen said...

Wait, so did I miss your birthday?