Monday, April 7, 2008

Updating

Ok, I had a bunch of stuff that happened in this past little bit, so I'm going to do quick bits of everything!

I did indeed have my race. I didn't die, I ran the whole time, and did better than I thought I would. I ran the 5k in 30 minutes 26 seconds, which for me, is so excellent! I figured on finishing in at about 35 minutes (because thats how much I run it in on a treadmill. I know that its not the same as real life, but hey, I work with what I have. I wish I could have gone a little faster, but I know I'll do better next time. I sprinted in the last little bit-as soon as I saw the finish line, I gave it all I had. Upon stopping, my lungs felt like they were on fire, and it took a minute, but I got back to normal. Hopefully I will have no ailments before the next race, and I'll be primed and ready to go. And as a side note, even though PJ beat me, she better be on her guard this time. I'm totally coming ready for a rumble. (And for a better understanding of the race, please read the blog of PJ. Hers is all good and visual-ly.)

Real played this Saturday, at Chivas. Since they played on a channel I don't have (I'm sorry, I refuse to pay a lot of money for a channel I'll only watch whenever my team is away) we went up to a watching party at Jerseys. I don't really like Jerseys (I feel like I'm catching a disease just being in there) and we were wary of going. But, with the promise that they were under new management (and no other watching options, really) and the fact that they have the most delicious nachos, we had high hopes and went up there. It wasn't bad-the food was still good and the place was packed. We RSL fans filled up the joint, there were so many people! Unfortunately, my team lost. Real is good. We have really good individual players, and we mesh well in play. We pass it well, and we have possession of the ball for most of the game. We just can't finish! We get up to the goal, and 9 times out of 10, we will blow the shot. It'll be just over the bar, or just barely punched away, or get taken away at the last possible minute. Then, in the four seconds that the other team will have the ball, they take it down and score. Its not that Rimando isn't amazing-he is. The other teams are just lucky where we are not. I love my team, but oh right now, I hate them. We just have to pick up our game, learn to get the ball in the back of the net. We play next Saturday here-and I can't wait for the game. I hear the weather should be nice-but his being Utah, that could change at any second!

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

Congratulations on your run!! I am sure that you will do much better next time. Your illness earlier this month did not help your running stamina. I know that you will beat PJ next time.

Maleen said...

I'm so proud of you. I think you did great, and for the record, PJs blog makes it sounds like you were so behind, when really, not even a minute. You can totally take her next time.

PJ said...

I did not intend to make you sound like you are slow. You certainly aren't. We all know that you can outrun me any day of the week. Your speed is better than mine. Your ability to run for long times is better than mine. You just had an ailment to deal with all last week. If we had our run a week before, I would have been behind you and everyone else for that matter, puffing. Fortunately, my cold was gone.

Luckily for me, when we run together, I have longer legs and a longer stride, so I can outdistance you in the same number of steps.

Bring it.