Friday, April 18, 2008

Running just as fast as I can...

Saturday tomorrow, and we all now that that means-my Real is playing. I love soccer season! We’re playing Toronto (at Toronto) which means we’re hitting up a watch party. Thank goodness they keep doing these watch parties, or else I don’t know how I’d get to watch my boys. This week’s watch party is at Baxter’s. I’ve never been to this place, but I hear it’s pretty good. And because the game is at 12:30, Toronto time, it’ll be 10:30 AM here. We’ll have to be hurrying that morning from the race to the breakfast, but we’ll make it. These places are all like, two minutes from our hotel. It’ll be a little weird to see them play this early, but hopefully we’ll win. I had discounted Toronto winning anything this year, but then they ended up beating LA last week (which, yes, LA isn’t that good, but you think they’d beat Toronto) something tells me not to discount our boys from the north. Hopefully we’ll win though, and shove it in their faces. So keep your fingers crossed that we will come out with a win!
It’s here. The big one. The one we’ve been training for the most. I’m talking, of course, about the Salt Lake City marathon. Now, I’m only training for the 5k, but this is the one that started it all. Months ago, PJ got us into this, because her company is running in this. We did the other 5k, the Provo one, to test the waters, to see how well we’d do. And although we did well, I think this one will be even better. Last time I was battling, having been indisposed the previous week, but now I am back and better than ever. I am finally back to running my full speed for my full time, and it’s getting easier. This course doesn’t have any hills on it (that we can see) so that is an added bonus. That’ll shave seconds off of our time-and as any racer knows, those seconds count. I just want to beat my previous time, and now I have the confidence to be able to do so. There will be a lot more people running, but that’s just more opportunity to pass up more people, to leave them in my dust. I know there’s no way I run fast enough to finish in the top of the race, but I am hoping to finish in the top half instead of the latter half. I’m a champ-I can do it. And PJ better watch her back this time. I’ll be going at this will full speed.
And just in case people are interested, I’ll be better in posting the race results this time (I promise I’ll be quicker!) -so check back to see just how awesome we did.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Oh yeah, I'll have to be watching my back, because you'll be behind me!

Chelle! said...

SO...what happened? How did you do?? Are you going to blog about it? I am waiting!!!!

Maleen said...

I'm pretty sure you need to be faster about posting results. Come on, it's already been 24 hours.