Monday, April 28, 2008

Challenge Accepted

I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, any kinds of desserts. I think it’d be awesome to have my own bakery, and do this sort of thing for a living. I do it often enough, just getting paid to do it would be so great! I love the masterpieces people can do with cakes, and wish one day to be able to do it myself. I have a friend who recently decorated a cake for a wedding, and looking at the pictures of the cake, I was blown away-it looked so good, and it made me want to do one myself. I want to take a class for it-and get good at it, and be able to decorate cakes for people.
I have a new Food Network show I watch called Challenge. For those of you who don’t know what this show is, here’s a breakdown. 4 chefs from all over the country come together in a bake-off. (I don’t know if there’s other types of challenges, the only ones I’ve seen so far have been about cakes). They’re given a theme-for instance, I’ve seen a Dr. Seuss theme, a Disney princess theme, you get the idea. They’re then given 8 hours to make/decorate a fantastic cake applying the theme for it, and the winner gets $10,000. Last week the theme was Sweet 16, and they brought in a girl who’s having her Sweet 16 party and they decorated a cake knowing little of her personality, and she chose the winner. I didn’t ever think this would be a fun show to watch-but I really do like it. It’s so awesome to see these people create these cakes, and the expertise of their decorating is just…mind-blowing. I can’t believe the masterpieces these people can create with some cake and frosting (and other kinds of edible things too, but you get the picture.) One day, I’m going to create one of these. I doubt it’ll ever be as good as the ones on the show are, but hey, I can dream. And now, I really want a cookie or something. Looks like I’ll be baking some later…

4 comments:

Chelle! said...

Ok, I challenge you make us some cookies for tomorrow. The show sounds pretty interesting, I will need to take a gander at it.

Chelle! said...

Ok, I challenge you make us some cookies for tomorrow. The show sounds pretty interesting, I will need to take a gander at it.

PJ said...

You need to think of a clever name for your bakery before you can even think of anything else.

Maleen said...

I totally endorse your getting good at cakes, especially wedding cakes because I know this lady who is about to have her fourth girl and she has plenty of weddings to plan in the future. She could use a great cake decorator.