Monday, April 14, 2008

Thought-Topia 2008: The April Edition

I have many musings right now that I don’t think can be made into a full bloggity blog, so I’ve decided to cram them all into Thought-Topia 2008: The April Edition.
I was accused of late that my blog is esoteric. After researching what this word meant (heck, I’d never heard of it) I learned the meaning is: “Hidden or deeper knowledge or teachings that are possessed or understood by only a few”. I disagree with this…diagnosis. I try to write for the many, not the few, and I try to make it understood by many. Its even weirder for me to be told this, because the person who told me this is kinda one of the “few” who would be in on it. Oh well. I’ll embrace the few I write this for and create my own nation. Hey, if Stephen Colbert can have a nation, I don’t know why I can’t.
My boys in red, Real has won a game! And we didn’t even have to wait for half of the season to go by in embarrassment before we did. We beat DC United 4-0 on Saturday night, and it was an amazing game. I’ll give a tip of my hat to Kyle Beckerman, who totally represented in the game. Lets hope they can keep this up-games where we win are much better than games when we lose. (Who knew?) We play Toronto this coming Saturday. I don’t want to be too cocky, but I’m pretty sure we can beat them. But I’m not getting my hopes up too high-I don’t want to be disappointed, just in case.
The other day, Chelle and I were talking about cereal. More specifically, what kind of cereal you’d be if you had to choose one to describe your personality. After thinking about it, I have chosen Corn Flakes. I’m boring, and pretty vanilla. I know I am, and I’m ok with that. And, Corn Flakes happens to be one of my favorite cereals. Which proves my point even more.
On Sunday, I had the great fun of organizing the kitchen. I cleaned out the fridge and organized by genre. (Cheese, meats, drinks, sandwich fixins, salad dressings, you get the idea) and then I did the same to the freezer. I was on such an organizing high I kept going. I did the pantries, by genre too, and it was so much fun! I know that many a people would hate doing that, but there is nothing like the satisfaction you get after you see how nice things look all clean and organized. Now if I could only get it to stay that way, I’d be a happy person. But I would miss cleaning it out if such were the case.
I think those are mostly all I’m thinking about today. Join us next time, when we’ll be discussing such topics as: “The Professor on Gilligans Island: Genius, or diabolical mastermind?” and Sunshine: The Silent Killer?” Until then, I am Setenta Sports.

4 comments:

Chelle! said...

You make me laugh! I would love to know who told you your blog was esoteric. As for the cereal...I am still trying to figure out which cereal I am. As for the the game...fabulous, simply fabulous. As for next discussions on your blog...I am waiting to see (read) what you write.

Ktjsue said...

I love reading your blogs. Don't listen to anyone else. And why you would spend all your time doing something like organizing is beyond me. Maybe it's because I know my kids would destroy things before I finished. Keep up the GREAT work!

PJ said...

You are definitely crazy. I'm happy for it though, because then I look a little less crazy around you. GO REAL!

Maleen said...

Um...cereal. I am really liking Golden Grahams at the moment. Does that mean that would be me, or just that I like them?