Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pick me, pick me!

I recently have a new obsession. This whole thing is due to Tyler. I thought it was weird when first explained to me, and now that I’m a part of it, I love to do it. I find myself checking it all day, even at work, to see what else I can do for it. Let me explain.
There is a website called www.answers.yahoo.com. You go on this site to, as the name explains itself, answer other people’s questions. They are in every topic, so there’s something for everyone. I find that I spend the most time on the entertainment boards-specifically movie and TV. I have a lot of knowledge regarding these two areas, so I know that’s where I’ll be answering the most. You earn points for pretty much everything you do on there. Log on for the day? That’s a point. Answering someone’s question, 2 points. If that person selects your answer as the Best Answer, you get 10 points. If you ask a question though, it’ll cost you five points. You gain points and work your way through levels, reaching the highest level, which is I think level 7. I can’t figure that out. I am currently on level 2, I totally surpassed Tyler! I’m pretty picky about the questions I answer- I pretty much only answer the ones that I know I’ll get chosen as Best Answer on. I know that’s a dumb strategy, and I won’t get the two points for answering any question, but that’s how I roll. It takes a lot more points to get to level 3 than it did to get to level 2, so that’ll take some time, but believe me, I’ll totally get there.
I even created myself an Avatar for the thing too. I didn’t really know what that was before this, but I guess it’s like an online version of you or something. Mine is adorable-I tried to make her look sorta like me, which I guess she does if you count that we both have long brown hair and an angry look on our faces for most of the time. I tried to get her linked onto this, but I couldn’t figure it out. Which is sad, I think you all would have loved her also. I dressed her up in a soccer jersey, shorts and shin guards, and set her up in front of a soccer net. I don’t know what her purpose is, but she’s there, looking like she could beat someone up.If you feel like helping someone out, or just wasting time answering questions (trust me, I’ve done both of these on there) you should check out the site. I don’t know that you’ll find it as addicting as I do, but its still fun. I’ll be there, jetting my way up to the next level.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

Tyler mentioned that you were obsessed but I am not sure if I believed him until now. I myself can not afford to get addicted to something else, so I am going to have to deprive the world of all my awesome question answering abilities at the moment.

Chelle! said...

Oh, is that what all the typing is going at your desk. I am glad that you surpassed Tyler!! YIPPEE!!

PJ said...

What's the word, it ends in -nym and it means a word that in two difference languages is spelled the same or is pronounced the same?